Thoroughly Poetic Thursday
With apologies to Teddy and Angel Sammy (Two Spoiled Cats), I am using Thoroughly Poetic Thursday to repost Kitties Blue letter to Santa Claws from 2018. Regardless, I recommend you visit their blog (by clicking on the poetry badge) to read Angel Sammy’s poem. I know it will be another winner, as the inspiration photo is adorable!
A Cat’s Letter to Santa Claws
Oh dearest Santa, I promise I’ve been good.
Always used my litter box and eaten all my food.
That broken lamp was a minor transgression.
I don’t think it required that time-out session.
And it wasn’t I who shred the arm of that chair.
Besides, isn’t that why they come as a pair?
The hairball on the human’s pillow didn’t come from me.
I don’t have floofy furs, as you can plainly see.
And all that litter spread throughout the house hither to yon…
It sprang right out of the box long after I had gone.
And you know that sandwich the human left on the table…
I swear it was stolen by a stray mouse named Mabel.
And the Christmas tree that suddenly toppled over…
Was not pushed by me but a marauding gopher.
I have no idea how these critters invaded my space.
I never leave the cat door open or out of place.
Oh. dearest Santa, I’ve truly never ever been naughty.
So please bring me some toys from Jackson Galaxy.
And a big bag of nip to last a whole year…
Please, oh please, oh please Santa dear.
And some nommy treats would be totally pawsome.
I’d eat every one and not leave a crumb.
For I, the cat, have been as good as a cat can be.
So please don’t pass me by this Christmas Eve.
If you’ll stop by my house once again this year,
I promise to leave cookies and a bit of good cheer beer.
And as to next year, I raise my right paw
And promise to be a good cat, oh dear Santa Claws.
Yours truly, The Cat
Each Thursday we like to share with you the things for which we are thankful.
- I am particularly thankful this week to have my bout with COVID coming to an end. That Dad Tom did not get it truly is a blessing. He has been exposed at least six times, but has continued to remain uninfected!
- I am thankful that all 13 packages with Christmas gifts that needed to be mailed made it to the post office yesterday thanks to Dad Tom. With priority mail, most should make it to their destinations by Christmas.
- Kitties Blue and I are grateful for all the holiday cards we have received from our blogging friends. We will share them here after the holidays. We also will share Kitties Blue card on Christmas Day, for those of you who did not receive one via snail mail.
- Cooper Murphy is thankful to have the opportunity to earn twelve new merit badges at Scouts prior to Christmas. He has earned eight so far by learning about the animals represented on the badges and passing the accompanying quizzes. The ninth badge is for completing the December craft project.
Here’s a photo of his Christmas craft project.
- And, finally, Kitties Blue and I are most thankful for your support, following, comments and friendship.
Thankful Thursday is a blog hop hosted by Brian. To participate, post on your blog for what you are thankful. Then click on Brian’s badge to go to his blog and enter the link to your post.
Thanks for joining us today!