Ooopsie…I just discovered I didn’t post this at midnight!
Kitties Blue and I are joining the Thankful Thursday blog hop hosted by Brian. If you’d like to participate, post on your blog for what you are grateful, and then click on Brian’s badge to visit his blog and linkup.
- Today is the sixth anniversary of our precious kitty, Fiona, receiving her wings. We definitely are not thankful that she is no longer with us, but eternally grateful to have had her in our lives. I think of her everyday. If you haven’t read the poems her sister Giulietta and I wrote for her, they are on the sidebar. This is the link to her obituary post, “Farewell Fiona.” She’ll be loved always.
- I am thankful I have completed a good portion of the Christmas decorating and have started addressing Kitties Blue holiday cards. These projects are eating up hours each day, so I must add to the thankful my apologies for Kitties Blue and my lack of visiting and commenting.
- Cooper Murphy is thankful for earning another merit badge at Cat Scouts by learning about turkeys and passing his quiz.
- Dad Tom and I are thankful Sawyer has been eating well lately; though, he did have a seizure prior to our returning home this past Saturday after celebrating Thanksgiving with family.
- As always, Kitties Blue and I are especially thankful to all of you who follow, support and comment on our current posts and those we are sharing in our Looking Back links. But, more than anything, we are blessed to have your friendship.
Thoroughly Poetic Thursday
It was definitely a difficult task this week to figure out how to add Kitties Blue to Teddy and Angel Sammy’s inspiration photo for their poetry challenge. Requiring even more effort was coming up with a suitable poem. The poem is a bit lackluster, but the gang and I hope you’ll enjoy it nonetheless.
This nice lady is bringing us nine pots,
So we each will have our own cozy bed.
Four of us are trying them out,
But none of us are on her head.
Lisbeth actually enjoys being up high,
But if she fell, there might be blood shed!
She’s waiting ’til her bed’s on the ground
Where she’ll add a nice warm bedspread
And curl up for a good long nap
Until it’s time for Kitties Blue to be fed.
We thank this lady for her generosity,
Because we Kitties Blue are all well-bred!
© Janet Buickerood Blue – 11/30/2022
If you haven’t been participating in Teddy and Angel Sammy’s poetry challenge, I recommend you give it a try. It’s the perfect opportunity to use your imagination and creativity. Check out Two Spoiled Cats, by clicking on the poetry badge, for next week’s inspiration photo. And please read Angel Sammy’s poem. He is a terrific and masterful poet.
So that’s it for today. We look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow.
Those anniversaries are always tough. If only our beloved four legged friends (and 2 legged bird friends) could stay with us always.
Your picture of the cats in the jars is really funny. Although we can see that happening!
I still remember that sad day. Hugs from all of us. Those are good thankfuls though and a totally purrfect poem. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.
I love your Christmas background. so cute. You did an excellent job with the poem and altering the photo. Sending you hugs. Those we love are never forgotten. XO
Hugs and purrs from us on the loss of Fiona, I know how it is, I have many treasured memories also. Love the poem!
Extra hugs for the loss of Fiona.
I love all your thankful things. There is so much to be thankful for.
Have a purrfect day and rest of the week. Scritches all around, a smooch to Cooper Murphy and Sawyer and a big hug to mom. ♥
We knew you didn’t have a post up yesterday and our Mom was going to email yours but she had a couple of “issues” she had to deal with. Bad Mom!
We love that photo and your poem!
The Florida Furkids with love and whisker kisses to Sawyer from Noelle
I remember Fiona and I have read your poems to and about her. As do all of us, I understand fully how you felt and feel yet today.
You did an amazing job putting Kitties Blue in those pots! AND we love the poem too – it’s as adorable as the kitties are. Time marches on but some things are frozen in our minds as “timeless” like losing one of our beloved kitties when she or he flies away to the Bridge. We miss Fiona too and we’re confident she is working some magic on Raleigh and Audrey to make sure they are fine upstanding members of the Blue Crew as they grow up!
Hugs, Pam and Teddy too
Hugs to you as you think of Fiona, its so hard when these kinds of days come around each year…but yes, its also good to remember how we enjoyed them and loved them while they privileged us with their presence. ♥
I laughed out loud when I saw some of your kitties in those pots, before I even read the poem and I wondered why no kitty was in that coveted top one, LOL!
Your poem was fun, not lack luster at all!