If you had asked us five tears ago to predict if we’d still be posting five years later, we wouldn’t have had a clue. We’d never read a blog, and we had little to no idea what we were doing. Yet here we are today. If you’d like to know why we are still blogging after five years, our reason is YOU. Each and every person who has ever visited or left a comment is the entire reason for our existence.
We have met so many amazing anipals and made friends that are dear to our hearts. So stopping now isn’t an option. We would miss all of you too much.
Many bloggers do a retrospective of the past year on their blogoversary. We will do a mini one, as you know what has happened if you follow us.
- The low point of our year was the passing of our beloved Fiona on December 1 with Sammy (OneSpoiledCat) following a day later.
- The high point was Fiona delivering Cooper Murphy to us on January 7.
- Mau and Allie were married at Cat Scouts on July 23, 2016, and will celebrate their first anniversary on our Sunday Selfies blog hop.
- We won a few badges that were not Greenies on the Tuesday Teaser, including this week’s First Commenter badge.
- We enjoyed using our imaginations to create art for Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty‘s Caturday Art blog hop, TwoSpoiledCats Thoroughly Poetic Thursday and the Friendly Fill-Ins hosted by Ellen (15AndMeowing) and Annie (McGuffy’s Reader).
- Lily Olivia turned 18 and joined the Crotchety Cougars Club.
- Cooper Murphy became a Cat Scout and joined the Tabby Cat Club.
Now that we have bored you with that rundown, let’s get this party started. We have all kinds of delicious noms and beverages. And Mau baked us a cake in his Cat Scouts Bake Shop.
If you have any interest in reading our very first post, here it is: “Why the Cat on My Head?” It is super short and has no photos.
To celebrate our blogoversary, we are having a giveaway for some additional loot from the BlogPaws Conference. If you’d like to be entered to win, please leave a comment on this post prior to Monday, July 24, at 5 p.m. ET. The winner will be selected using Random.org and announced the following day.
We normally participate in this blog hop each Friday but will postpone our entry until tomorrow and include it with our Caturday Art.
We may not have written about Fiona yesterday for our Thoroughly Poetic Thursday post, but a dear friend did. Mom Lorianne (Four-Legged Furballs) wrote an adorable poem, entitled, “Fiona the Ferrier,” and did a doodle featuring her. We all hope you click on the link and read it. Thank you from all of us, including Mom and Dad. This warmed our hearts.
Thanks for being our followers and friends and joining us for our blogoversary party. You rock!
Purrs and paw-pats, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy