If you are a cat woman or a cat man, you will see yourself over and over again in Women Who Still Love Cats Too Much by Allie Zobel Nolan. Eighty-pages of one-liners with illustrations by Nicole Hollander will make you laugh out loud as you recognize yourself on page after page.
Nolan described me perfectly more times than I can count. It’s as if she were hiding in my house spying on me. Here are a few gems in which I saw myself and Kitties Blue.
- Your cat expects you to stand at attention opening and closing doors for her on a whim.
- You won’t turn over during the night no matter how uncomfortable you are because you might disturb the cats. (Photographic evidence from my house.)
- You feel obliged to nap with your cats during the day—then can’t sleep at night.
- You let your cat walk back and forth over your face without so much as a “pardon me.”
- You know your overwhelming love for your puddy makes you do weird things like…learn how to type with one hand, so the other is free to massage your kitty. (More Photographic proof from my house).
If none of these statements describe your relationship with your furballs, I guarntee you will find others that totally characterize your human/cat relationship. You’ll be laughing and possibly groaning a little as you recognize yourself.
You will enjoy Hollander’s quirky and colorful illustrations as well.
Multi award winner, Allia Sobel Nolan is the author of close to 200 books for both children and adults. A couple other cat titles are: 101 Reasons Why a Cat is Better than a Man, Cat Confessions: A Kitty Come Clean Tell-All Book and Purr More, Hiss Less: Heavenly Lessons I learned from My Cat. Nolan lives in Connecticut with her husband, where she writes and loves her kitties too much. You can find out more about this book, other titles and Nolan at AlliaWrites.com.
You can see more from illustrator Nicole Hollander at Bagirlchats.com.
Women Who Still Love Cats Too Much is available from Amazon.com. It is $8.98 (Kindle version) and $9.45 (paperback).
This would make a purrfect stocking stuffer or gift for all of your cat friends this Christmas. And you might just win one for yourself or for gift giving. Everyone leaving a comment on this post prior to 5 p.m. EDT on Friday, November 13 (argh! Friday the 13th), will receive an entry in our giveaway for two copies. This giveaway is open worldwide. Winners will be selected using Random.org.
Disclaimer: I received no monetary compensation for this review. I did receive three copies of the book (one for review and two to give away). The opinions expressed are entirely my own.