We recently received a nomination from Lizy McGow at Just Dip it in Chocolate for the Liebster Award. We love this yummy, chocolatey blog and are so honored, especially Lisbeth, that Lizy has bestowed us with this pawesome nomination.
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers on the rise but with less than 200 followers.
The rules are as follows: answer 11 questions posed by your nominator, post 11 questions to your nominees, post 11 random facts about yourself and nominate another 11 blogs meeting the afore stated criterion.
Definitely not an easy task. I really had to put my thinking cap on to complete all of this…so, if you are still reading, here goes. And if you don’t care to find out a little more about me, please skip to my list of nominees. If you are not familiar with or a regular visitor to these, please check them out. I am sure you will find them enjoyable.
The 11 Questions posed by Lizy:
1. What is the number one thing you love most about blogging? That I am writing again and have reawakened my creativity.
2. What is your all-time favorite movie? “The Good-bye Girl” (I am dating myself, which I continue to do throughout this process.) It doesn’t matter how often I see this movie, I still laugh until I snort! And at my age, I will probably soon be laughing until I wet myself.
3. Are you a coffee or tea person? I’m actually a Diet Coke person, but I do drink tea as well. The husband, Tom, is a coffee aficionado with this fancy built-in coffee/espresso/latte, etc. etc. etc. machine. I hate the smell of it and don’t even like to kiss him after he’s been drinking it. But go figure, I love coffee ice cream and candy.
4. Looking back, what was the best year of your life so far? Every year since my marriage in 1973, except for 2011 when I broke my leg and was laid up for 22 weeks.
5. Beach house or mountain cabin? This one is a no-brainer for me: beach house. I grew up in California less than one hour from the beach. My favorite sound is that of ocean waves.
6. Have you ever visited a foreign country outside the one you live in? Which one did you love the most? I’ve visited many and have loved them all for one reason or another, but Italy always comes out at the top. A trip to Russia in 2011, though, was really fabulous!
7. Do you know when to stop talking when you argue or do you go on and on and on like the energizer bunny? Sometimes one and sometimes the other. I do have a problem with repeating myself two or three times however.
8. Favorite music era and genre? 60’s Rock & Roll
9. If you have to pick a super power, what would it be? I would want to live my whole life without requiring any sleep (except maybe an afternoon nap with the kitties on occasion) so I could get lots more stuff accomplished.
10. When was the last time you ate Fast Food and what was it? I don’t eat fast food unless someone I am with really, really wants it. I went to Chik-fil-A with a friend several years ago and to Taco Bell with another friend just as long ago.
11. First or last person to get a joke? Somewhere in the middle, but I definitely can’t remember them to retell.
Boy, I’m glad that is over! And now on to the 11 random facts about myself.
1. I made my wedding dress.
3. I was a scorekeeper for indoor volleyball at the Atlanta Olympics.
4. I don’t like the wind. It makes me angry and grumpy.
5. I saw the Beatles live at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in 1965.
6. I was an Avon Lady.
7. I don’t like marshmallows or meringue.
8. I can’t whistle.
9. I climbed to the top of the 100-yard, 505-step Il Campo bell tower in Siena, (my very favorite city in Italy) with a spinal fracture.
10. If I had been a boy, my parents were going to name me Sam.
11. In 1967 I rode a roller coaster 17 times in a row in the rain.
Okay, that actually was the fun part, and I am excited to read the random facts about those I nominate.
Now to the questions for my nominees.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Summer or Winter Olympics and favorite sport?
3. What’s the most outrageous/daring thing on your Bucket List?
4. For the women: Ryan Gosling or Hugh Jackman? For the men: Halle Berry or Emma Stone?
5. If you were forced to appear on a reality show, which one would you choose?
6. Would you rather spend $200 on a great pair of shoes or a gourmet meal?
7. Favorite ice cream flavor?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
9. What was your very first job?
10. What is your favorite and least favorite veggie?
11. What one cancelled television (recent or from the long-ago past) show would you like to see return?
And finally to the best part: my nominees. (Disclaimer: If any of you have more than 200 followers, I apologize for not knowing that. I won’t tell if you don’t.) Concatulations all!
Two Torties, a Tabby and a Tuxedo
Hey! you and I would get along splendidly! I am going to have trouble trying not to copy your answers!
Thank you, again, for the nomination. I can’t wait to prepare my acceptance for this great award!
The KT Mom
It’s so nice to read something about you!
Give up sleeping?!? Sleeping and napping are my two favorite hobbies!
So are mine!
Hoo Cat thanks fur the interesting infurmation and the numination. I shall do my cat best ta get this here Liebster Award awarded to those libel for awarding.
5. I saw the Beatles live at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in 1965.
ME TOO!!!!!!! I was 15 and my girlfriend’s parents drove us down from Sacramento where I grew up! I’ve lived in SF since 1968 though 😉
I still have the program and inside in my 15-year-old writing I wrote every song they played! I went to see Paul McCartney @ Pac Bell Park two years ago and he sounded just as wonderful!
MOL! We loved those answers – especially the fast food, marshmallows and jokes parts (mainly cuz our mommy is the same. Though she’s not coffee or tea, she’s a die hard hot cocoa peep).
Thanks so much for passing the award on to us!
(Mommy says it may be a few weeks before she can get to it because of some weird thing called W-O-R-K….*sigh*)
Congrats! We enjoyed your answers too. My Dad saw the Beatles in Pittsburgh and then my Mom and Dad saw Paul McCartney in Atlanta a few years ago. Have a great weekend!!!
Congrats on your award! We love reading your answers…and getting to know you a little better!
Congratulations on the fun award=I really enjoyed reading your answers!…I also love the beach, Italy and Tom Selleck and I can’t whistle either (I remember The Goodbye Girl, saw it when I was around 12, I think, I’m 47 now)…You can buy the kitty brush at Amazon.com, type in “cat self scratcher” and it is about the 3rd item on the list (it took Jax, RIP, a few days to love it, Daddy Cat a few weeks/months maybe, but now he uses it everyday)…Kisses to all your beautiful babies!…Happy weekend!
Congratulations! I thought your answers and facts were very interesting! Good job! I loved the Goodbye Girl 🙂 The pic with Tom Sellick!!!!!!!!!!! *swoons* Would love to go to Italy and I don’t eat fast food!
Congratulations! That was interesting!
I loved reading your answers and seeing that awesome picture of you with Tom Selleck. I would also like to read your responses to the set of questions you posted.
Congrats on your award! I am dating myself too but The Goodbye Girl was also one of my faves!
60s music is also the best!
I am right there like your husband…coffee all the way!
Dear Janet..what an interesting life you have! Loved reading everything you wrote…we are so similar in so many ways! You went to a Beatles concert? Most awesome! Italy…in my bucket list! Beach house, well of course…once you live by the ocean close enough to hear it you are hooked for life! So happy to see your “super pink Liebster heart” Will also check the blogs of your nominees out…they most be very special when you thought of them!
Big Hug, Miss Janet Blue
Janet, I posted on my blog and linked to yours. I answered the questions. Thanks for nominating me.
Congrats on your award. I enjoyed reading your answers and look forward to seeing the answers to your questions on the nominated blogs.
I saw the Beatles on stage in October 1964 which was the second and last time they visited Plymouth on tour.