Sunday Selfies: Week #250
I know I fooled many of you with my snoozy photo on Friday into thinking I am a sweet girl. And I am…to our humans.
Today, however, after a few weeks of relative quiet co-existence, Astrid and I had a bit of a dust-up. I hadn’t puffed up my tail really big in a long time, and I have to say, “It felt great!” Mom is afraid this will now cause Astrid to retreat back into herself. I certainly hope so. She’s been taking too many liberties, like coming upstairs in the mornings and snuggling with Mom in the bed. And she’s been spending lots of time on the catio. I just needed to put her in her place.
Mom got really mad at me, and so she is forcing me to do the selfie today. I did refuse to look at the camera when I snapped this. And I do look a bit as if I have been chastised. Since I can’t hear what Mom is saying, I can imagine anything I like. I am fairly certain, however, that she said, “Misty May, you are the most beautiful, smart and wonderful cat in the world,”
I’m not the only one of us who has been misbehaving. Our two Cat Scouts, Mau and Cooper Murphy, have been getting after each other. They usually have a wrasslin’ match before meals, but the last few days, they have escalated into snaring and neck biting. Mom is not certain what is causing the discord. It could be due to our dad being out of town. Mom, however, thinks its the heat and humidity. She knows the oppressiveness of it is making her grumpy.
As I dictate this, we are having a huge thunderstorm with heavy rain. Here’s hoping that knocks down some of the humidity.
To prevent Mom from getting any more miffed at me than she already is, I am posting those hopping tips for any newcomers.
- The link to add your selfie to the hop is below.
- You also will find below the code to use if you’d like the hop to appear on your blog.
- Posting on Sundays is not necessary to join.
- You do not need to be a cat to enter. All anipals are welcome regardless of species.
- The hop remains open for entries through Thursday midnight.
- Please be so kind as to display our badge and/or link to The Cat on My Head.
- Take the opportunity to visit some of the other hop-alongs and make some new friends or reconnect with some old ones.
Thanks to everyone who continues to support and join us for our weekly hop. And welcome to all those who are joining us for the first time.
Have a terrific easy Sunday and holiday weekend.
Purrs and paw-pats, Misty May