Well that’s a stupid question. Of course you could. Think of all the cat treats you could buy or the number of vet visits $1500 could cover. So now that we’ve established you could use the money, we have a second question for you: Are you crafty?
Now that we’ve got your attention, we must preface the remainder of this post by letting you know that Kitties Blue is not giving away $1500. But we know someone who is. We are talking about Tuft + Paw, manufacturers of modern cat furniture. They are giving away $1500 for the best cat bed design.
Here’s the info you’ll need to get busy and create a unique and original sustainable design for the cat bed.
1. It’s sustainable: As part of Tuft + Paw’s commitment to environmentally responsible products, it must be made of ethically sourced and produced materials that don’t harm our planet.
(If you are not quite sure of what sustainability is with regard to the environment, here’s the definition: The quality of not being harmful to the environment or depleting natural resources, and thereby supporting long-term ecological balance from the extraction of raw materials until the final disposal. Some examples are cork, bamboo and recycled rubber.)
2. It’s affordable: When your piece goes into production, Tuft + Paw wants it to be inexpensive enough that any cat owner can have it in his or her home.
3. It’s beautiful: Don’t skimp on style—Tuft + Paw wants to see something that adds a “wow” factor to modern homes and looks more like it belongs to an interior designer than a Tabby cat.
4. It’s easy to ship: Tuft + Paw wants your design to be their customers’ go-to choice when they donate an item to a shelter. This means it has to be lightweight and easy to ship. Bonus points for collapsible flat-pack shapes.
5. It’s practical: Along with your physical prototype, include technical drawings that specify exact dimensions and instructions for how it will be produced.
Lisbeth has an additional request.
Deadline & Additional Details
Submission deadline is October 31, 2017, which means you better get busy now. The winner will be selected prior to November 30. Their design will be produced in the United States and promoted as one of Tuft + Paw’s new products. Additionally, the new bed will be donated to shelters across the country. If winning $1500 doesn’t motivate you, Kitties Blue certainly hope the promise to donate beds to shelters will.
Finally, please visit Tuft + Paw by clicking on their link in the first paragraph. It’s an excellent idea to see their products prior to beginning your design process. Kitties Blue are certain you will be impressed. Additionally, you just might find something your kitty cannot live without.
Disclaimer: We agreed to promote the Tuft + Paw design contest in exchange for one of the completed beds and because we like the fact that they will be donating beds to shelters.