Friendly Fill-Ins: Week #49
I am joining our friends, Annie (McGuffy’s Reader) and Ellen (15 And Meowing) for their weekly blog hop. None of the fill-ins this week was conducive to being answered by any of Kitties Blue. My completions are in teal italics. To join the blog hop, click on the badge above and be magically transported to Annie’s blog.
1. An Easter (or Passover) tradition I have is calling it Spring Holiday. Dad Tom and I adopted that to encompass both holidays, as he is Jewish and I am Christian.
2. My favorite flavor of ice cream is too many to list. It depends on my mood. Some of them are butter pecan, black walnut, peppermint, mint chocolate chip and Oreo mint.
3. One of my favourite Easter/Passover memories is not really a favorite, just unforgettable. The day before Easter in 2011, I broke my leg. The following morning I got a phone call at about 9 a.m. from a man in front of the house who wanted to buy my car. We had put a For Sale sign on it the day before. Obviously I could not go to the door. I had a cast from my crotch to my ankle. Tom went and sold the car. I always look for the silver lining in every crappy event. As I wasn’t going to be able to drive for several months, choosing to sell the car at that time had been fortuitous!
Your ice cream tastes are like mine. Yum! Now flowers, we agree, too…except dandelions are special to me. They are even featured on my poetry book: Weeds. When I wean wild bunnies, I always harvest dandelion greens for them. They are very nutritious.
I very much believe that we are supposed to find the good in every situation. It ties in with attitude, which is linked to karma. It is all part of life and what we do with it. I love purple tulips. And the peppermint striped ones!
Happy Easter, dear sister…and Pesach Sameach to brother Tom. (I was raised in an Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood in Chicago.) Hugs!
A riot of purple! How very pretty! Oh, I love butter pecan. Picking one flavor sure isn’t fair! How awful to break your leg, but selling your car at that time was a silver lining.
p.s. I received the sweatshirt yesterday. Thanks again! I wish it were winter. It was 70 degrees today, but it will be so cozy to wear when it’s cooler.
Love your fill in responses. Those tulips are such a pretty color.
I do love your tulips! Here’s wishing you and yours a blessed Easter (or, as you say, Spring Holiday)! 🙂
I love just about anything that comes out of a bulb … though tulips are my favorite. Beautiful pictures!
Great fill-ins, we love your answers ! Beautiful tulips ! Purrs
Love all your fill-in answers. I didn’t know Dad Tom was Jewish. 🙂 Here are my answers:
1. An Easter (or Passover) tradition I have is the Annual KCC Easter Egg Hunt! We are gearing up for it over here!
2. My favorite flavor of ice cream is Vanilla. Because I can eat it plain, and it’s yummy. Or I can add things to it like Oreos or chocolate or caramel syrup to make sundaes!
3. One of my favourite Easter/Passover memories is… sadly, I don’t have one! I can’t think of an Easter memory that stands out in my head!
4. My favourite Spring flower is daffodils and hydrangeas!
Sampy hopes that Astrid has a wonderful weekend and sends her a kiss for every Easter flower! Love and hugs from all of us!
What great fill-ins! And a wonderful (sort of) silver lining that one year. Beautiful photos! We’ll remind our Mom she needs that color tulips for next year.
Butter Pecan sounds pretty yummy and those flowers sure are pretty!
We enjoyed your answers! Great way to combine your traditions into the holiday! That must’ve been a horrible time in a cast that big but at least you weren’t tempted to drive a car! Happy Spring Holiday to you!
Thank you for your fill-ins answers, I always enjoy them. Sorry there were no kitty friendly questions although some must lie ice cream. I like the idea of a Spring Holiday to cover both religions. I am glad you could find a bright spot despite breaking your leg. I hope you have a nice weekend! XO
I always enjoy your answers. I think it’s so special and wonderful that you and Tom incorporate both holidays. And, my goodness, I am so sorry that you broke your leg back in 2011, but how inspiring that you found a silver lining in the situation. And I love spring flowers, and of course all of the flavors of ice cream you mentioned. Purrs!
Oh those purple tulips are spectacular! Every bulb I’ve planted through the years here has been dug up and eaten by squirrels, deer, voles, moles, you name it! So I gave up….but I do love those beautiful early blooms – they “speak” Spring. What a story about your broken leg and the car. Silver linings are GREAT aren’t they?! Hope you and your family have a beautiful “Spring Holiday” !!
Love, Pam, David and the boys
What lovely tulips! Purple is such a lovely springtime color and unusual for tulips. We have purple crocuses…our tulips have yet to bloom, they are mostly the last of the spring blooms here. Yesterday our weeping cherry tree went ‘poof’ into full blossoming. Today with the wind and some rain…its already looking bedraggled. Hopefully there still might be some blossoms for the buzzing bees that love this tree. Last year I could hear them outside from quite a distance.
Those are beautifil tulips! I’m partial to the red and yellow ones since they signify spring to me!