Mom became so flummoxed during the holidays that we have been lackadasical with visiting our friends, reading and commenting. And then West Host threw her into a tizzy when they shut down WordPress sites yet again. We now fear we will never get caught up and back on track. And it is only the third day of the year. Sheesh. This sucks. The Thankful Thursday post we had planned for yesterday never got written so here we are trying to cram a bunch of miscellaneous things into one post.
First up, Mauricio insists on showing you two photos of his gorgeous, true love, Allie. She is wearing the bling he sent her for Christmas and lounging on the blanket he also sent. He cannot believe (neither can we) that he has such a beautiful, talented and thoughtful girlfriend, and keeps asking us to pinch him (which we gladly do) to see if he is dreaming.
We can’t imagine anybody exists who follows us and doesn’t already follow The Florida Furkids (Allie, Ellie, Raz and Cubby) on the blog, Friends Furever, but if you don’t, please click on the link below, where our award nominations are listed, and check them out. You especially need to drop by and give Raz a big paws-up for being selected, along with our friend Sushi from Sushi’s Diary, as Cat Scout of the Year.
Mau will be posting more about Cat Scouts on Man-Cat Monday.
We have gotten the Sunshine Award from both Me You and Zu (way back in mid-December) and most recently from Playful Kitty of which we, especially Mom, are deeply grateful. She is a complete sourpuss when it is grey and cloudy! Wait…that doesn’t sound right! We are the pusses, and we are never sour. She is a complete nudge!
The one on the left we received from Me, You and Zu…nice and sunny with a lovely blue sky! Playful Kitty actually received the Sunshine Award from three different sources and posted three different graphics, so we think we can pick which one we want, and we pick this second one with more bright blue skies.
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. We have done this above.
List 11 facts about yourself. Mom always lets us list one fact each, which we are going to do and she is going to list three about herself. Now, we aren’t thinking that is very fair…but she is the typist!
- Lily Olivia is a calico and has used her right as an ornery and persnickety cat to refuse to comment.
- Mauricio has accepted the position of Troop Worldwide Wildcats Assistant Leader. (Okay…so one little thing about Cat Scouts. After all, it is a big deal to him.)
- Misty May, like Mom, wishes she lived somewhere with warmer year-round temperatures!
- Giulietta does not like being coaxed to play with the new feather wands from Santa. She hisses and growls if one comes near her.
- Fiona has been sneaking into the living room with Mom to admire the Christmas tree and nap while Mom reads. This occurs because Mom can’t stand listening to her whine and scratch at the door. Both of them think they are putting something over on the rest of us, but we are wise to their ways, and payback is coming.
- Astrid has decided that she does love her Dad and has been trading off laps and sleeping in his some of the time. She was afraid of him for a very long time.
- Lisbeth knocked over Twinkle’s Tree this morning. Mom was pretty impressed that we made it all the way to the New Year without this happening previously! It now is standing even more crooked than usual.
- Calista Jo is mad at Mom ’cause she thought she was going to become a Cat Scout (dang…there it is again!) this year, but Mom says with Mau’s new responsibilities as Assistant Leader, she cannot keep up with two cats in Scouts.
- Mom’s turn: She received two huge WordPress tomes for Christmas with the hope of learning how to do some other things on our blog!
- She has made a written promise with herself to actively play with us everyday. Yippee!
- Her favorite author is Pat Conroy. She says that no one on the planet writes better prose. Dad gave her his recently published memoir for Christmas, and she has promised herself the pleasure of reading everyday.
Nominate ten other blogs to receive the award. This is always the hardest part as we love every blog we follow. Even though we received this from two different sources, we are only nominating eleven and not twenty. If you already have this award in one of these two formats, we apologize for any inconvenience.
Mauricio has put down his paw, and though it is not the biggest one in the house (Giulietta has that honor), he says that any awards we get will be passed on to Allie (his girl-friend) and Sammy (his WWW Leader) Nylablue (our Honorary Sisfur) and Bailey (our Honorary Brofur), whether they already have it or not. There’s no arguing with a determined Cat Scout!
* Clooney’s Num Num Fund * Sushi’s Diary * CATachresis * Brian’s Home * Fur Everywhere * Catladyland * Colehaus Cats * Florida Furkids * onespoiledcat * Bailey Boat Cat * Nylablue and Sherri-Ellen’s Purrfect Pad *
Announce the nominations to the nominees. It is on our To Do List for today.
And finally, as if this post isn’t way too long as it is, we want to update you on the Blog of The Year Award. We are now up to three stars. We received the award originally from Kuruk at Haiku by Ku. We awarded this to Nellie at The Cat from Hell who passed it back to us to give us our second star. And we received our third star from Sophie at moggiepurrs. Thanks all. To see who we passed this award to, click here.
If you have made it to the end of this post, without any further ado or doo-doo, we bid you adieu for today with thanks to all our friends and followers for making 2013 a spectacular year for Kitties Blue.
Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo