Recently, we were so surprised to have been the recipients of two awards, especially as Mom has been so busy helping Mauricio with Cat Scouts. In the last four days, she has helped him get one badge each day, but she has promised the rest of us not to report on that here. The remainder of us are getting very little blog time. We know that girl kitties can join Cat Scouts, but we don’t want to spend that much time with Mauricio. So we are glad to see something different to talk about today.
The first award is from Beverly and Sophie from Moggiepurrs. It is the BRING ON THE NIP AWARD. All of us kits are huge fans of nip and so eager to accept this award; though, slightly disappointed when it didn’t come with any real nip!
What is required to accept this award?
1. Thank the blogger who gave you this award and link back to their blog. Thank you Beverly and Sophie over at Moggiepurrs.
2. Tell everyone something you want to celebrate: We’d like to celebrate that all of us are healthy and happy. Though we complain lots, our pawrents take exceptionally good care of us. We have a catio, lots of toys, a couple of cat tree/condos and nip growing on the upper deck. We are lucky kitties indeed.
3. Share the award with 1-12 blogs.This is always the hard part as it seems whenever it is time to do this, most of our favorite blogs have already received the award. If you already have this award, just look at this as further validation that your blog friends think you are exceptional. So, here goes.
We think that’s plenty as we must leave blogs available for recipients to nominate.
THE DRAGON’S LOYALTY AWARD. This award is the combination of two awards: the “Very Inspiring Bogger” and the “Versatile Blogger” awards. As we have neither of those and we don’t remember seeing this award before, we are delighted to receive it. We are sending a huge thanks to Texas, A Cat in New York (Austin) for nominating us!
So, of course, we have some rules to follow.
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website.
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award.
3. Present 15 or so awards to deserving bloggers: As always, if you have it already or don’t accept awards, I am sorry for the inconvenience. Here are nine blogs we are nominating.
♥ Brian’s Home ♥ Jacqueline’s Cat House ♥ Our Life by Eric and Flynn ♥ Tomcat Commentary by Tim ♥ Spitty Speaks ♥ The Furries of Whisppy ♥ Sometime’s Cat’s Herd You ♥ moggiespurrs ♥ Animal Shelter Volunteer Life ♥
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post: We’ll do that as soon as the post is online.
5. Post seven interesting things about yourself : Since we are a family of eight, we are going to list one each; though, we girls think there’s probably nothing you don’t know about Mauricio.
1) Lily Olivia – Misty May, angel Madison and I devised an escape route from the house a few years ago when the humans were on vacation. (Mom keeps planning on posting about this. I hope she does sometime ’cause it is quite a story.)
2) Mauricio – I am the kitty who hurls the most because I eat too fast and steal the food from the slow eaters. It has never hampered my growth. I am not fat, but I am a substantial cat.
3) Misty May – I had another brother besides Mauricio. The humans thought he was too shy and adopted Mauricio instead as he was more out-going. (There are many days when they wish he was a little less so.)
4) Giulietta – I got too close to a burning candle; even though, my humans were trying to get me away from it. Some of my floof went up in flames. I wasn’t hurt, but we no longer have real candles in the house.
5) Fiona – I have removed almost all the pile from the rug under our upstairs dry food bowl because every time I pass it, I must try to bury the food.
6) Astrid – I was so tiny when rescued that my first foster mommy carried me around inside her shirt to keep me warm.
7) Lisbeth – Mom thought I had escaped today. After she searched the house and couldn’t find me anywhere, she went all over the neighborhood calling my name. MOL…I was in the house the whole time, and I am not revealing my hiding spot to any cat or human.
8) Calista Jo – I have claimed the dough bowl as my own; even though, Astrid peed in it trying to keep me out. (Don’t worry, no food ever goes in that bowl, and Dad scrubbed it with bleach.)
So there you have it. Now we have to run off in order to let all our recipients know they’ve been nominated.
Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo