Today, we celebrate Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day. Established in 2015 by Deb Barnes (The Chronicles of Zee and Zoey), this special day is for pet guardians to honor the memory of those beloved pets in their life they have lost but never forgotten. It’s held every year on August 28, in honor of the day Deb had to say goodbye to her Ragdoll cat, Mr. Jazz, the meow author of Purr Prints of the Heart – A Cat’s Tale of Life, Death, and Beyond.
In the past, we have remembered our family members who have received their wings and gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
This year, we are honoring our sweet Fiona who lost her battle with CKD on December 1. Instead of remembering all of the Kitties Blue angels, however, we are remembering our angel anipals with a special graphic.
So many of our anipals are as dear to our hearts as our own, and we miss them terribly. So, we decided to remember and honor them today. Kitties Blue and I know that many more friends have received their wings during this past year, but it was not possible to list all those here. If we have missed anyone who was especially dear to you, please accept our apologies.
These are the angels in our graphic, beginning in the upper left corner and continuing clockwise.
- Mitalee HoneyBee – Critters in the Cottage
- Sammy – TwoSpoiledCats (formerly OneSpoiledCat)
- Queen Penelope (Nellie) – Nellie on the Edge
- Flynn – Memories of Eric and Flynn (formerly The Adventures of Eric and Flynn)
- Dory – da db boyz (formerly Dory’s Backyard)
- Easy – Easy Blog
- Esme – Critters in the Cottage
- Boomer – da tabbies o trout towne
- Socks – ATCAD
- Ellie – Friends Furever
- Cousin Trooper – Friends Furever
- Snowie & Humphrey – Bionic Basil
- Punapippuri – Catio Tales (formerly PikkuPunapippuri)
- Dusty – Dash Kitten Crew
- Gertrude – Marg’s Animals
- Snowball – 15 And Meowing
- Bilbo – da db boyz (formerly Dory’s Backyard)
- Minko – Meezer’s Mews and Freckle’s Woofs
This is a blog hop. If you have written a remembrance post today, visit Zee and Zoey (link in first paragraph) to add the link to your post.
We send our condolences to all who lost a beloved family member in the past year as well as purrs, prayers and POTP as your hearts continue to heal.
Love, purrs and paw-pats, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Mom Janet