Sunday Selfies: Week # 214
I was quite proud of myself, as I thought I had taken the purrfect selfie. I gave it to Mom to crop and add a border. When she was finished and showed it to me, I was shocked. I had no idea that squirrel had snuck up behind me. What a brazen little photobomber. Just ignore him. Okay?
I am keeping this short today, so we can say good-bye to some friends who have flown off to the Rainbow Bridge. I will include all that hopping stuff at the end of the post.
On September 9, our friend and a beloved member of the Cat Blogosphere traveled to the Rainbow Bridge after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Basil was a Cat Scout and the Commander of the “B” Team (his fursibs). They went on the most amazing and fantastic adventures. After reading the novel (Basil The Bionic Cat) his mum, Catherine, wrote about him, we were positive he was indestructible, so his leaving us for the greatest adventure of all was a huge shock. Mom absolutely adored his little, heart-shaped nose, and she cried buckets when she found out he’d gotten his wings. We’ll be holding him in our hearts and will never forget Basil. Rest In Peace does not seem appropriate, as we are pretty certain he’s already planning incredible escapades for himself and the many friends who were waiting for him.
If you have not left your condolences for Basil’s family, you can do so here.
Good-Bye to Milita and Miles
Four other friends have left us this past week. We are remembering two here and will honor the other two on next week’s Sunday Selfies hop. Rest in Peace sweet friends knowing you were loved and will never be forgotten.
To leave your condolences for Milita’s mom, Sierra, please click here.
To leave your condolences for Miles’ family, please click here.
Now it’s time to share your selfie and hop with us. Here are those hopping tips that we post each week.
- The link to add your selfie to the hop is below.
- You also will find below the code to use if you’d like the hop to appear on your blog.
- Posting on Sundays is not necessary to join.
- You do not need to be a cat to enter. All anipals are welcome regardless of species.
- The hop remains open for entries through Thursday midnight.
- Please be so kind as to display our badge and/or link to The Cat on My Head.
- Take the opportunity to visit some of the other hop-alongs and make some new friends or reconnect with some old ones.
Purrs and paw-pats, Sawyer