Litter Champ Review
For the past couple of months I have been using the Litter Champ cat litter disposal system, and I’ll never go back to the old method of scooping clumps into plastic grocery bags and then throwing that in the trash. Now let me tell you why.
- Dad Tom and I are dedicated recyclers and use reusable bags when shopping. We rarely bring home any plastic bags from the grocery and drug stores. That means we have to purchase them to use for the pee and poop we scoop.
- These bags are not very sturdy when being filled with the leavings from eight cats and often end up with tears allowing loose litter to escape.
- The old way of litter scooping requires two hands, one to hold the plastic bag and one for the scoop.
- I have no independent balance, so this requires me to sit on the floor to scoop.
- I usually need to use both hands on the litter scoop due to lack of arm and hand strength.
Tending to Litter Boxes Is Now Easier
The Litter Champ eliminates all of the problems listed above. It makes litter box cleanup easy, sanitary and convenient. And the Litter Champ eliminates odor with its continuous bagging system and triple-sealing door.
Additionally, the triple-sealing door is operated by the use of a step pedal. That leaves you with both hands free if you need them both on the scooper. Your hands never need to come in contact with any waste. The provided scoop fits easily into the top door, leaving behind no mess. It stores on a hook on the side of the receptacle. The scoop is a hard plastic and extremely durable even when chiseling cement-hard clumps from the bottom of the litter box. My only complaint is that the scoop handle is quite uncomfortable to grip.
Emptying the Litter Champ is super simple. Inside is a continuous, biodegradable bag that can be tied off when full and disposed of when convenient. After tying a new knot at the bottom, your Litter Champ is all set for use. The bag is 21 feet long and comes with the Litter Champ. The manufacturer claims it will last ten weeks for one cat. Having eight cats and using it to contain what I’ve scooped from two boxes, I cannot attest to this. On top of that, Dad Tom won’t use it. I do not know why. It is so easy!
These are the benefits of the Litter Champ as listed by the manufacturer, Janibell, Inc.
- Sturdy, durable, non-porous ABS resin canister and triple-seal system locks in litter odor to help keep your home smelling fresh.
- Childproof locks on the lid and side door keep people and pets away from the discarded litter.
- Convenient hands-free foot pedal and included litter scoop make clean-up hygienic, easy and convenient.
- Economical, zero-waste continuous bag technology lasts up to 10 weeks; can be emptied whenever you like with no wasted bags.
- 4-gallon capacity canister is compact, measuring 18.25 x 10.25 x 8.06 inches.
- Portable handle for convenient disposal and transport.
- This is one of my favorite features, as I am able to move the unit from one litter box to the next. The unit is lightweight at only 4.19 pounds. Admittedly, as it becomes increasingly full, it is a greater challenge to lift and transport. But with the continuous bag, you can alleviate that problem by emptying it at any time with no waste.
- Five-year Warranty
The Litter Champ can be purchased at a number of on-line and brick-and-mortar retailers.
I totally recommend this product without hesitation or reservation. I will be purchasing one to use with our downstair’s litter boxes.
Litter Champ Cat Litter Waste Disposal System Scented Refill Liners are only $17 at Chewy.com and Amazon.com for a set of three 21-foot rolls.
Disclaimer: I received one Litter Champ free-of-charge in exchange for my honest and fair review. I was not provided with any additional remuneration or instructions on what to write. The opinions expressed here are mine alone.