We were recently given the Sunshine Blogger Award by dear friend, Annie, from the blog: McGuffy’s Reader. We received this award three and a half years ago and are delighted to receive it once again. This Award is a way of recognizing bloggers who are positive and whose creativity inspires others. Annie, it warms our hearts that our blog does that for you.
As with most awards, this one has some rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers, adding their links and asking them eleven new questions.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
The questions Annie asked us and my answers (in teal italics):
1. What did you want to be when you grow up?
I always wanted to be a dancer, but with my neuromuscular disease that was never an option. Then I wanted to be a high school Home Economics teacher, but I stink at science. I started writing in the third grade, and it became obvious that’s the direction in which I was headed.
2. Who was your childhood hero?
I don’t remember having one.
3. What is your favourite song?
I have so many, but #1 is probably Van Morrison’s version of “Brown Eyed Girl.”
4. What was your first pet?
We had 13 cats when I was very little: a Persian mom and two kittens and another mom with nine kittens. We gave away all but two cats, Fluffy and Tiger. My sister and I really wanted to keep Fluffy but our parents ended up giving her away as well. The first pet I had of my very own was a cock-a-poo I adopted when I was a sophomore in college.
5. Who was your favourite teacher?
Sara Cooper, High School Home Economics Teacher
6. What was your best vacation?
This is really impossible. I have been on some totally incredible ones, but I’ll have to go with a river cruise that took us all through Russia.
7. What is your favourite time of day?
I don’t think I have one.
8. Who was your first friend?
My next door neighbor, Bobby Fields.
9. What is your favourite season?
10. Do you have a phobia?
11. What would you like to do-over?
College, if I didn’t have to work full-time, which I did my Junior and Senior years.
Here are my nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award. If any have already received this award, I apologize for the duplication. I do hope you will accept this award even if you decide not to pass it on to others.
These are my eleven questions for those who accept the award. I look forward to reading your answers.
- Who is your favorite author?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Beach or mountains for vacation?
- What is your favorite indulgence?
- If you had an unlimited amount of money, what would you do with it?
- If you could live any place in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favorite form of exercise?
- What is the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
- What was your first job?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Where do you get your news: newspapers, TV, computer?
I am sincerely thankful to Annie for selecting our blog to receive this award. Her creativity definitely inspires me.
Finally, what would a cat blog be without a photo of a cat? This photo is Mauricio wearing the virtual hat Sammy gave him for his birthday. The cupcake represents Mau’s bakery skills and his Cat Scout Bake Shop.