Today’s photo was taken by our resident photographer, Dad Tom. It is the Pisgah National Forest shot from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The author of today’s Spark, Sivananda Saraswati [Swami Sivananda] (1887 – 1963), was a Hindu spiritual teacher and proponent of Yoga and Vedanta. Sivananda was born Kuppuswami in Pattamadai, in the Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu. He studied medicine and served as a physician for several years in British Malaya before taking up monasticism. Sivananda was the founder of the Divine Life Society (DLS) in 1936 and the Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy in 1948. He authored more than 200 books on yoga, Vedanta and a variety of subjects.
Sparks was established as a blog hop by our friend, Annie (McGuffy’s Reader). Though Annie is taking a break from blogging and our Sparks post is not part of a hop, we continue to support Annie’s vision (as do many of our friends) when starting the Sparks hop: “I believe we are meant to be lights in this world. If we allow our light to shine, we can see where we are going. It is then that we can begin to truly see each other clearly. Together, we can light up the entire world!”
Our Father’s Day Promises Update
Well, we pretty much failed miserably at our promises we made yesterday. In addition to that, our gifts we had expected to give our dad are on backorder, whatever the heck that means. We know one thing for sure: That’s not our fault!
- Misty May: I will not sneeze in his face. FAILED
- Sawyer: I will not try to escape out the front door. SUCCEEDED
- Lisbeth: I will not growl and hiss and snort at my fursibs. FAILED Not only did I do all of these at Sawyer, but I also engaged in whacky paws with him.
- Mauricio/Lisbeth/Calista Jo: We will not hork on the bed or anywhere else in the house. FAILED/SUCCEEDED/SUCCEEDED
- Giulietta: I will come downstairs for breakfast and dinner, so Dad won’t have to hunt me down. FAILED
- Astrid: I will let Dad Tom hold me if he would like to do so. HE DIDN’T TRY
- Cooper Murphy: I will not sleep east/west in the humans’ bed. SUCCEEDED
Guess Dad will have to wait until his birthday (eight months from now) for us to attempt this once again.
Purrs and paw-pats, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer