Getting ready for Christmas can be exhausting, especially if you are a kitty and self-appointed quality control inspector of all things Christmas.
These are eight of the things for which my eight take personal responsibility:
1. Tasting the butter before it goes in the cookies to ensure that is fresh, pure and yummy. Leaving some fur on the stick of butter is also very important as they don’t have any “inspected by” stickers to apply.
2. Playing tug-of-war with all garland to make sure it is strong enough to swing from once it has been hung.
3. Nosing a few ornaments off of “Twinkle‘s Tree” (the only one to which they have constant access as it was named after one of our past kitties) and shoving them under the rug to assure themselves they won’t break and will be available for future play.
4. Nesting inside the wreaths prior to my hanging them as a check for symmetry and fluffiness.
5. Testing all light strings to make certain each bulb is securely inserted into its socket so no outages will occur after lights have been applied to the tree.
6. As they were not allowed near any gift wrapping activities this year, they are now responsible for clawing and sniffing each package, chewing on the bows and burrowing into the gift bags in order to ascertain that gift wrappings will hold up until presents can be opened.
7. Shoving the glass, votive candle holders off the counter and watching them crash to the floor just because she (Lisbeth) can!
8. Burrowing into all the stockings to look for any treats or catnip that may have been left behind last year while making sure plenty of space is available for this year’s goodies.
Giulietta and Fiona have such pretty fur! I love the image of the kitties burrowing into the stockings. It reminds me of Goldie gently taking out his stocking stuffer on Christmas morning. =)