We are back for another week of Friendly Fill-ins hosted by our friends, Annie (McGuffy’s Reader) and Ellen (15AndMeowing). Each week th select two statements each (Ellen #s 1 and 2 and Annie #s 3 and 4) for us to complete. This is a blog hop. If you decide to participate, enter the link to your post on Annie’s blog.
Here are this week’s statements. My completions are in teal italics.
1. My favorite store is Steinmart; though, I haven’t been there in at least a year. Iprefer to shop on-line and have items delivered to my door.
2. An unanswered prayer I am thankful for is _______________________. (I have nothing to complete this fill-in and so am skipping it. I am sure I have many unanswered pryers, but I cannot think of any that would work here.)
3. At Halloween, I get annoyed when teenagers show up and stand on the porch holding out a bag, not say anything and expecting me to give them candy.
4. I totally believe in the supernatural, because once I met an angel. His name was Michael. I had a flat tire and saw what appeared to be a homeless man walking toward me. He asked if he could help. I could have called AAA, but instead I said, “yes.” It was Tom’s car, and I wasn’t really sure what to do nor was he. I read the instructions to him from the Owner’s Manual while he changed the tire. When he finished, I offered him money (the $7 I had in my purse), but he refused. I then offered him a ride, and he refused that as well. As he started to walk away, I said to him, “You are an angel.” He replied over his shoulder, “Don’t tell anyone.” I turned my back to him and took two steps before deciding to turn back around. He had totally vanished. Whenever I tell this story I get goosebumps.
My sweet and handsome angel Madison also approached me one day when I was working in the garden.
Please keep Mau’s wife, Allie, and her family (Friends Furever) in your purrs and prayers. They have evacuated their home on Florida’s Barrier Island. They should be safe but their home may be devastated by storm surges. We know other bloggers and friends live in Florida as well. We are keeping them and all those living along the east coast in our thoughts and prayers.
Your Madison made me cry. My heart goes out to you, too. The angel story…I believe. There are reasons that these things, like angel encounters, happen. God knows what we need. I believe that angels have saved me countless times.
We have so much in common. Love you guys. Hugs. Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~
I have met a few angels like yours too, over the years, though none of them disappeared like that. More than once angels were in my car to keep me safe in accidents…totaled vehicles but nothing worse than bruises and hurt pride…And angels have rescued me and family members out of tight situations; like this week even, we were struggling to get a heavy loveseat up a step and then through the door and up the stairs into younger son’s apt, and all of a sudden two men showed up and offered to do that for us, two ladies and a young man. The three men did it in minutes it would have taken us ages and broken our backs as well:) We couldn’t thank them enough! But they just shrugged and went back to trying to fix the rug cleaner they had brought in, MOL!
Your Madison sure was a pretty kitty!
Whoa! That was a goosebumps story—or TW would like some of what you took! MOL!
What a great angel experience that you had. Just another thing to prove that angels are indeed active here on this earth, going about His business. What a blessing for you!
Have a great weekend!
Goosebumps for sure!
Have a wonderful weekend…
Noodle and crew
That is a beautiful experience with Michael. I believe that there are many things that we humans cannot understand or explain. But when something like that happens to you, you just “know”
it’s from another realm.
Oh, regarding #3, I forgot about those surly teenagers. Bleck. Here I’ve been mourning the fact that we never get trick-or-treaters but what you mentioned is far worse.
Your #4 is amazing.
I love the kitty picture. That’s Madison I’m assuming.
I believe there are angles among us. There are too many unanswered things to believe otherwise.
Wow, that story gave us goosebumps too. Yes, there are angels all around us.
We got goosebumps too! We’re glad Michael came to your rescue!
We had been very worried about the Furkids so were happy to see on FB that they were headed home! Hope they found everything okay when they got there!
What an amazing story ! Purrs
Total goosebumps for #4! I have never been in a Steinmart and I’m not quite sure what it is. But I think there may be one around here. I will have to check it out.
Angels are everywhere and I’m glad you met one of yours.
Thank you for participating in the fill-ins. I love your answers, especially your angel story- that is truly amazing. How wonderful that you were so open and willing to take his help, I would have been afraid and called triple A. I like Steinmart too, but the closest is an hour away so I haven’t gone there in about 3 years. I hope you have a nice weekend.XO
The story of the angel gave me goose bumps too.
I got chills reading that story about Michael. I also believe in angels. I am so glad Friends Furever have evacuated. Last I read they were going to stay and I have been worried sick. I pray their home will not be damaged and they will stay safe.
If our hearts and minds are open, we will see angels – I firmly believe that. Michael certainly was one! I couldn’t answer #2 either……I think things happen the way they are SUPPOSED to – including unanswered prayers going unanswered. We are so glad that Raz’s family went to the mainland – it’s scary that their home is in danger but they are safe and that’s the most important thing.
Hugs for a nice weekend!
Pam (and Sam)
Angels exist and your story is a beautiful reminder of that. I have a story of my own that I’ve never told … and I bet there are lots more like us 🙂
Wow, that is quite a story about Michael. It gave my human chills too.
We love your angel story. Totally believe it! Mom has personally met an angel as well. Angels are with us all.
We have some things in common besides our love of all things feline.
1. I almost exclusively shop on line and love having things delivered to my door. Last year, the FedEx delivery person left a Christmas card for me.
2. I believe in Angels, too. 🙂
We should swap stories sometime…You know what? You, me and Sammy’s human all live within about 3 hours of each other in the Shenandoah Valley.